What have YOU seen?

Hey, all of you Stearns Mill Pond denizens and users, what have YOU seen on the pond or brook? Contribute your info - what great sightings, what birds, what animals, what sad things, what changes (good and bad), what wonderful moments have there been? Let's share what we know and love about our pond.
Live on the pond or brook?
Become an author on this blog; send me a message and I will add you to the official author list. Or, if you prefer, just click on the word "Comments" at the bottom of the entry to get a comment box up so you can add your sightings and thoughts. Email me pictures from our pond to post - I will credit them to you.
Click on the picture to see it in a larger format (all photos by D.Muffitt unless otherwise credited)

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

SWANS ARE BACK!

Nice paddle this morning.  Met two of the swans that were reported at the end of last week (Carol S said she had seen three on Thursday!)

Spoke to a fisherman on the dam who said he had caught 3 small bass this morning.

A muskrat was busy chowing down in the water chestnuts and brought one home.  For some reason, he wasn't bothered by me today and I was quite close - I could see his teeth as he was eating!  (With binoculars)  Couldn't get any decent pictures though, cuz I just had my point and shoot, it was still pretty dark and he moved a lot. 

We seem to be back to the normal number of wood ducks (down from the 50 some I saw a while back!), although, they could have mostly been up stream.  Saw one great blue and several geese.  Otherwise, a quiet & lovely morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about things you have seen and noticed.